What is faith?
Faith is so very personal to each of us, and in many ways defies definition. It is more than a religious doctrine or a set of beliefs. It is a feeling, intuition, depth of knowing inside of us that relates to our own experiences.
When you have faith, you trust or believe in something very strongly. Some people have faith in a higher being, others put their faith behind the Red Sox.
This episode will set the stage for a season where we explore what faith is to us and others as we invite guests on the podcast for the first time.
We will also strive to answer, where does faith come from? What does faith mean to us? How can faith transform us?
Just us today as we kick off this deep and exciting conversation.
GO BOLDLY HOMEWORK
- This season we are going to ask you to push your personal boundaries a bit. Not to distress, but maybe to a bit of discomfort. Grab a pen and a journal and dig in. Answer each of the following questions with the first thought that comes to mind
- Do you feel a sense of faith?
- Where do you feel it in your body?
- Is your faith connected to a place?
- How do you maintain your connection to god, the universe, the world at large? Is it easy, hard or somewhere in between?
- Put your answers down for now. Come back and re-read later. Share some with us in the comments to our insta post of this episode. Let us know how you experience faith in your everyday life. @goboldlytogether
Did you enjoy this episode? We would love to hear your thoughts. Head to Apple Podcasts and then rate, review, and subscribe. This way you will get notified once a new episode goes live.
CONNECT WITH RIELLY AND TOVAH