To be nobody but yourself in a world that is doing its best, day and night, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
~ e.e. cummings
What happens when we aren’t sure who we are? What happens when who we are is challenged? When well formed, our identity allows us to move through the world as individuals who form healthy and strong relationships.
We need to shake off the noise impacting our sense of self. How do we do that? Tovah and Rielly discuss how we do that in our lives and how we help others do it as well.
This season is all about getting to know ourselves and strengthening our identities. Reading books, volunteering, and journaling are just a start. We discuss all of the ways we can strengthen our own identities so we can handle the bumps in the road.
There are more questions than answers this time around but if you want a little more help listen to this episode and then sign up for our free Journey Back to You Inner Voice Course.
If you enjoyed this episode, we would love it if you let us know. Head to Apple Podcasts today to rate and review our show. While you’re there, be sure to subscribe so you get notified when our next episode is live.
GO BOLDLY HOMEWORK
- Sign up for our free Journey Back to You Free Inner Voice Course
- Journal/Brainstorm a list of self-identity traits that are most important to you
- Then think about where you are honoring those traits and where you are not
- What one thing can you do this week to honor your identity
- Check in with your accountability partner and with us on Instagram. Let us know how it’s going!
Did you enjoy this episode? We would love to hear your thoughts. Head to Apple Podcasts and then rate, review, and subscribe. This way you will get notified once a new episode goes live.
CONNECT WITH RIELLY AND TOVAH